- Created on Saturday, 26 January 2013 05:49
- Published Date
- Written by DARK
In this retelling of Dante's origin story which is set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC Devil May Cry retains the stylish action, fluid combat and self-assured protagonist that have defined the iconic series but inject a more brutal and visceral edge.
You may also like:
- Devil May Cry (DmC) HD Theme for Windows 7/8
- DmC Devil May Cry System Requirements
- DmC: Devil May Cry Achievements Guide - How To Unlock
- DmC: Devil May Cry All Collectibles Location Guide – How to Find
- DMC: Devil May Cry Aquila Detail and Moves-Set Guide
- DMC: Devil May Cry Arbiter Detail and Moves-Set Guide
- DMC: Devil May Cry Ebony and Ivory Detail and Moves-Set Guide
- DMC: Devil May Cry Eryx Detail and Moves-Set Guide
- DmC: Devil May Cry Full Game Guide
- DMC: Devil May Cry Kablooey Detail and Moves-Set Guide
- DmC: Devil May Cry keys Location Guide – How to Find
- DmC: Devil May Cry Lost Souls Location Guide – How to Find
- DMC: Devil May Cry Ophion Detail and Moves-Set Guide
- DmC: Devil May Cry Unlockable Costumes – How to Unlock
- DmC: Devil May Cry Walkthrough
The Dante of DmC is a young man who has no respect for authority or indeed society in general. Dante knows that he is not human, but also that he is not like the demons that have tormented him throughout his life. Caught between worlds, he feels like an outcast. Thanks to his twin brother Vergil, leader of the anti-establishment group called “The Order”; Dante is now discovering and coming to terms with what it means to be the child of a demon and an angel. This split personality has a real impact on gameplay with Dante being able to call upon angel and demon abilities at will, transforming his Rebellion sword on the fly to dramatically affect both combat and movement.
This game is also knows as:
DmC: Devil May Cry PC Crashes, Low FPS, Crash to Desktop, Stucked on Capcom logo, Errors and Fixes
Devil May Cry 5 PC Crashes, Low FPS, Crash to Desktop, Stucked on Capcom logo, Errors and Fixes
Devil May Cry 2013 PC Crashes, Low FPS, Crash to Desktop, Stucked on Capcom logo, Errors and Fixes
DmC: Devil May Cry PC Specifications
DmC: Devil May Cry Minimum Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista(R)/XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or better, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS or better, ATI Radeon HD 3850 or better
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 9 GB HD space
DmC: Devil May Cry Recommended Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista/XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 GHz or better, AMD Phenom II X4 3 GHz or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6950 or better
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 9 GB HD space
What should you do first?
Be sure to check the support article section related to Football Superstars you're having problems with. There you can also find troubleshooting threads which our users have found helpful.
- It's important that you have the latest version of DirectX and graphics drivers installed!
- If you're using Windows Vista or 7, you should try disabling UAC. More information can be found here.
- Installing the latest updates for your operating system is always a good idea and can also resolve some of your issues. Same thing goes for shutting down or disabling any non-crucial applications running in the background, especially anti-virus software, as they might interfere with your games. Try it and see if it helps.
DmC: Devil May Cry Xbox360 Controller not working
Solution: First of all make sure you have installed or updated xbox360 controller driver if not then download from here. If problem persists then try to unplug and re-plug the controller. Also try to close and restart the game.
DmC: Devil May Cry Crashing on Capcom Logo – Fix
Solution: First of all, remove controller before start the game because it is the common problem and will fix in next patch. You can also try to upgrade your controller drivers to the latest, download from here.
Drivers for Your Hardware to Run DmC: Devil May Cry Great
It is highly recommended that you have up to date all hardware drivers like Graphic Card, Sound Card etc. So get the latest drivers for Graphic Cards, Sound, Motherboards etc… from Here and if possible also update your peripherals like Mouse, Keyboard, and Controller etc… from here.
General Fixes for DmC: Devil May Cry
Read our General Fixes article to fix major problems and issues.
DmC: Devil May Cry Freezes on Loading or Corrupted Save Files – Fix
Solution: If DmC: Devil May Cry is freezing in loading screen it may be cause of corruption of save file. So delete the save game file and start the new game. Also verify the game cache from Steam.
DmC: Devil May Cry Game Unavailable on Steam Error Fix
Solution: It is problem of Steam, you should exit and re-run the Steam if problem persists then restart your computer and also restart your modem or router.
DmC: Devil May Cry d3dx9_27.dll Error Fix
Download and install the latest update of DirectX, you can download from here.
DmC: Devil May Cry msvcr71.dll, msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll Errors Fix
These errors may cause of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010. So install these packages, you can download below.
For 32-bit Windows Versions:
For 64-bit Windows Versions:
DmC: Devil May Cry System Reboot during Gameplay or Hanged/Freezes – Fix
Solution: The main cause of these issues are overclocked systems especially graphic cards, so roll back your hardware to factory settings.
DmC: Devil May Cry Mouse Lag, No Cursor or Out of Control Cursor – Fix
Solution: First of all try to disable all the effects like Post Filter, Shadows, AA and AF. If issue persists then lower Sound Hardware Acceleration:
- Select Run from the START Menu.
- Type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) in to the dialog box and press enter.
- Select the Sound tab
- Move the "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" slider to the left to disable Full Acceleration.
- Select Exit
DmC: Devil May Cry Black Screen or No Responding – Fix
Solution: Game installing on external hard drive is the gamin cause of this issue. So install the game on internal hard driver to avoid this problem.
DmC: Devil May Cry Bad FPS and Slow Performance – Fix
Solution: If you are having this issues then try to run the game in low graphic and especially turn off V-Sync from Graphic Options.
How to Change DmC: Devil May Cry Language?
Solution: you can change your require language to follow simple steps:
- Go to DmC installation directory like Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Localization\
- Now Language folder
- Backup first like Language.bck or something like that
- Copy it into the \Localization\INT folder
- Also backup INT files
- Rename your language files to .int (For example, if you want to go with English just Audio.deu to Audio.int
DmC: Devil May Cry Exe Not Found or Where to start?
Solution: You need to restart Steam to fix this issue.
DmC: Devil May Cry NVidia Surround Zoomed – Fix
Solution: You need to modify BaseEngine.ini file to fix this problem, to do this:
- Go to Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\Engine\Config and locate BaseEngine.ini file
- Open this file and locate ‘AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainXFOV’
- Now change it to ‘AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV’
Problem 1: DmC: Devil May Cry running slow or too Fast on AMD Processors – Fix
Possible Solution: To solve this issue, read our article AMD Processors Problems and Issues with Games.
Problem 2: Antivirus Detects Virus/Threat in DmC: Devil May Cry Files – Fix
Possible Solution: To fix this issue, read our article Antivirus Detects Virus in games or detects threat/virus that is a complete guide of this problem.
Problem 3: DirectX Problems & Issues for DmC: Devil May Cry
Possible Solution: Read DirectX Problems and Issues for games to solve all kind of problems related to DirectX.
Problem 4: DmC: Devil May Cry Crash to Desktop (CTD) or Black/White Screen – Fix
Possible Solution: Game Crash to Desktop (CTD) and Black/White Screen will guide you to fix all of crashes in DmC.
Problem 5: DmC: Devil May Cry Crashes, Crash at Menu, Crash on Launching, Crashing while Playing, Stuck on Loading Screen, Game Crashes during Loading Screen – Fix
Possible Solution: Just read our Game Crashes, Crash at Menu, Crash on Launching, Crashing while Playing, Stuck on Loading Screen, and Game Crashes during Loading Screen – Fix article to solve every kind of crash.
Problem 6: DmC: Devil May Cry Doesn’t Start/Launch, Don not run after preparing to Launch or Nothing Happens on Launching – Fix
Possible Solution: This is very commonly issues, especial occurring in new games, to solve these problems, go to Game doesn’t start or do not run after ‘Preparing to Launch’ - Fix. You can also try to install Steam software to fix this issue.
Problem 7: DmC: Devil May Cry Freezing, Having Low or Bad Frame rates, Black Screen after Intro Video – Fix
Possible Solution: If you game is running too slow, having lag or Black Screen after Intro Video then you should try solutions here.
Possible Solution: For NVidia, Right click your desktop>Open NVIDIA Control Panel>Manage 3D settings >In Program Settings, click "Add". Find DmC: Devil May Cry exe, should be located in OS (C :) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > DmC. In the dropdown menu, choose "High performance NVIDIA processor"
Problem 8: DmC: Devil May Cry Keyboard & Mouse Problems – Fix
Possible Solution: To solve all kind of Keyboard and Mouse Problems and Issues read our article How to fix keyboard and Mouse Problems and How to reduce Mouse and Keyboard Lag and to get latest drivers for your Mouse, Keyboard, Controllers and Racing Wheels click here.
Problem 9: DmC: Devil May Cry – NVidia Optimus Problems and Crashes – Fix
Possible Solution: Read our complete guide to solve NVidia Optimus Problems and Issues.
Problem 10: DmC: Devil May Cry Crashes on PlayStation 3 & Xbox360 – Fix
Possible Solution: You can also face off some problems and issues on PlayStation 3 and Xbox360, so be informed and get complete guide from here.
Problem 11: DmC: Devil May Cry has No Sound, Low Sound, Delayed Dialogues Voices and Sound Stuttering – Fix
Possible Solution: If you have any problem or issue in DmC, then read our article related to Sound Problems and Issues.
Problem 12: DmC: Devil May Cry Steam Problems and Issues for Mac
Possible Solution: For Mac and Steam users, read Steam Problems and Issues for Mac for fixing more of crashes and errors.
Problem 13: DmC: Devil May Cry ‘The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate.’ Or Visual 2005, 2008 and 2010 Run Time Error – Fix
Possible Solution: To solve these issues download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008 or 2010.
Problem 14: DmC: Devil May Cry Problems and Errors on Steam – Fix
Possible Solution: There are various problems and errors can occur in Steam, we have complete guide to solve Steam Problems and Errors.
Problem 15: Can’t Download DmC: Devil May Cry from Steam or Steam Network Issues – Fix
Possible Solution: If your game isn’t downloading from Steam or having problems with Steam Network, read our article Steam Connection and Network Problems and Issues.
How to get more performance for DmC: Devil May Cry?
Solution: To get more performance and smoothness in DmC: Devil May Cry Gameplay, you need to disable background applications. You can also change game priory High in Task Manager, Select game, right click, go to process, again right click and set priory to High.
How to Verify DmC: Devil May Cry Cache Files from Steam?
Verifying the game cache files from Steam are the best solution for fixes various problems and errors, how to do this, read our article How to verify game integrity of game cache files from Steam?
Problem 16: DmC: Devil May Cry Doesn’t Work in Windows 8 Fix
Possible Solution: if you are using Windows 8 Consumer Preview, then it will not run and I have a simple solution to make it working, just right click the game.exe, Properties, go to compatibility tab, and check the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)”.
Problem 17: DmC: Devil May Cry Missing Texture Fix
Possible Solution 1: Disable Post Processing Effects from the game option to avoid this issue.
Possible Solution 2: Update you Hardware drivers to the latest like, Graphic Card and Sound Card; you can download all hardware drivers from Here
Possible Solution 3: After updating the drivers of graphic card, if you didn’t solve this problem then try to uninstall the driver from the control panel and download previous version of driver.
Possible Solution 4: Run the game with different resolution.
Possible Solution 5: Run the game with lower graphic settings, hope it may help you.
Possible Solution 6: If you are using Steam, then verify the game Cache files.
Problem 18: DmC: Devil May Cry Can’t See Main Menu - Fix
Possible Solution 1: Verify the game cache in Steam for errors. If there are corrupted files, try reinstalling the game.
Possible Solution 2: Defragment Cache Files from Steam then restart you game.
Possible Solution 3: Also update your Graphic Card driver, get latest driver from here.
Problem 19: DmC: Devil May Cry isn’t working on Vista – Fix
Possible Solution: First of all, Ensure your system is updated to Service Pack 2 and includes the Platform Update. Click Start, click All Programs and then click Windows Update. If you have installed the latest Windows Update and are experiencing problems running the game, you may need to install the following Vista update (KB971512): Click to download the update for Windows Vista (32-bit) or Windows Vista (64-bit).
Problem 20: Can’t install DmC: Devil May Cry / Encounter installation error: "Description: Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub" - Fix
Possible Solution: To solve this problem, download and run mcrepair.exe
Problem 21: DmC: Devil May Cry launcher error "You are not allowed to continue because your do not have the proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrator privileges and try again." - Fix
Possible Solution 1: Run the game as admin. Right click the exe file and click 'Run as administrator'.
Possible Solution 2: Enable administrative privileges for your user account.
Problem 22: DmC: Devil May Cry “Failed to create D3D device” Error Fix
Possible Solution 1: Install or Update DirectX to the latest version. This is usually encountered if you didn't install the bundled DirectX drivers when you installed the game. Get the latest DirectX and more information from Here.
Possible Solution 2: Update your video card drivers of NVidia/ATI/Intel HD from Here, and try installing their Beta drivers too.
Problem 23: DmC: Devil May Cry Display Driver Has Stopped Working
- Go to program files/steam/steam apps/common/ DmC.
- Right Click the portal application.
- Clicks troubleshoot in-compatibility issues.
Problem 24: DmC: Devil May Cry .exe Has Stopped Responding Fix
Possible Solution: Try rolling back (downgrading to a previous version) your video card drivers and see if this will resolve the issue. Usually this is a problem with experimental beta drivers from NVidia or ATI.
Problem 25: DmC: Devil May Cry ‘the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)' Error Fix
Possible Solution: If you are getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" or a similar error and cannot run the game post patch 2.1, please download .NET 4 and install it manually.
Problem 26: DmC: Devil May Cry Resolution Issue
Possible Solution: Make sure your display hardware supports the game resolution you are trying to play in. Please check what resolution your display hardware supports:
For Windows XP and Windows Vista Users:
- Go to Control Panel
- Locate Display icon, open it
- Go to Settings tab.
- Locate the resolution slider that says Screen Resolution or the slider labeled Resolution and drag it to the far right.
For Windows 7 Users:
- Click on the Start button > Control Panel.
- Select Appearance and Personalization > Display.
- Select Display > Adjust Screen Resolution.
- On Resolution bring down the pull-down menu and slide the resolution pointer all the way up toward High.
Recommended Resolutions for Play DmC: Devil May Cry
- 800 x 600
- 1024 x 768
- 1280 x 1024
- 1600 x 1200
- 800 x 480
- 1152 x 720
- 1280 x 720
- 1680 x 1050
- 1920 x 1080
- 1920 x 1200
How to run DmC: Devil May Cry smooth on low spec systems?
Solution: You can also run the game smooth and playable to following steps:
- Close all background applications especially Antivirus or Firewall programs.
- Go to game graphic or display options, try to select lowest resolution to get more Frame rates.
Don’t forget to share your experience with DmC: Devil May Cry with us…
Our Social Crowd
Most Trendy Posts
- Game Crashes, Crash at Menu, Crash on Launching, Crashing while Playing, Stuck on Loading Screen, Game Crashes During Loading Screen – Fix
- Game Crash to Desktop (CTD) and Black/White Screen - Fix
- How to get Latest Drivers for your Hardware for best game performance?
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 PC Crashes, Crash to Desktop, Freezes, Low FPS, Connection Issues and Fixes
- The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Crashes, Freezes, Crash to Desktop (CTD), BlackScreen, Bad Framerates, Sound Error and Fixes
- Far Cry 3 Crashes, Freezes, Launch Issue, Low FPS, Lag, No Sound, Errors and Fixes